Monday, August 18, 2008

Water, water everywhere but not enough in me ...

Up until I was diagnosed with cancer and started fervently looking for answers to my questions of:

1) What did I do to 'catch it'?
2) What didn't I do to prevent it?
3) Was this karmic?
4) Was it someone else's fault?

I really didn't give much thought to water. I mean, other than making sure I drank enough. By enough I meant when I was thirsty and when I needed something to wash down whatever I was eating at the time. I had heard drinking 8 glasses of water a day was really good for you. Some days I was able to do that but most of the time I just kept to my 'when necessary' routine.

I started noticing that my skin was getting drier and drier. I, of course, chalked that up to being close to fifty and the fact that I had really done a lot of damage to it when I was younger with sunbathing and later on in my life (when technology insisted on helping me keep my tan) tanning beds. I considered myself lucky to not be one big wrinkle by my 49th birthday. My skin was very dry and whenever I wore a pair of ankle socks I noticed that after I took them off my skin would hold the indention of the socks for 3 or 4 hours. Was that normal? Maybe turning fifty was going to be worse than I thought.

Now I understand that this wasn't normal and that what was happening to my already dehydrated body was acidic buildup. Without me eating an alkaline diet filled with green vegetables and drinking plenty of good pure water my body had become a pool of acid and there was nothing left for it to do but to produce the symptoms of what conventional medicine labels as cancer.

I have learned so much from February 5, 2007 to now. I have found the answer to all of my questions and now am on a journey to help others find their own answers to help them heal themselves. You don't have to have cancer to get a wake up call from your body. Maybe you are just noticing that your skin just isn't what it use to be or your hair is starting to fall out faster than normal or perhaps the whites of your eyes aren't white anymore. Whatever the form of communication your body is using to get its point across know that you can do something about it if you are willing to change your mind, listen to your body and follow nature.

I hope that you will join me on this journey back to complete health. Until next time ... Peace and Blessings to you.